Thursday, February 12, 2009

First attempt at a blog. They used to call it many other things. Memo, note, public diary or letter. Op-ed piece. Letter to everyone, though, not just you.

Amy and I are having a baby. I've always wanted to know what our baby would look like but that's not enough of a reason to have a baby. Now that the baby is very close to arrival (7 weeks) I am truly excited. There's been many other emotions that parents already know about, but this is my first time. Fear, apprehension, happiness, self doubt, excitement.

I am glad I can join the Parent's Club with the rest of my family, especially my siblings. Now we have even more in common. And having a baby is one of those things that must be experienced to understand. It cannot be taught in books or classes. It has to be lived.

We've gone from a "+" sign on that warm August morning to paint-on-the-walls these cool February nights. Amy is in bed right now falling asleep. I am waiting until she snores until I go to bed. If I go to bed first she can't get to sleep because of my loud snoring.

1 comment:

  1. Parenting is incredible. Like posting on a blog. You just do the next thing the best you can. And along the way, a little human is growing up into the wonders and the mess our world is. I can't wait to watch with you and laugh with you as we watch what joys your "+" sign brings. And, when needed, I'll be glad to shoulder frustrations or questions along with you...so long as you remember my feebleness in the process. What an incredible family you are bringing this child into. Great days.

    ReplyDelete